Charleston Home Rentals (CHR) was founded in 2006 by Matt Manaker, but it was a partnership with the Azar family in 2009 that began to shape the company as we know it today. The Manakers and Azars had been friends for over 30 years when they joined forces, and this has proven to transfer a unique chemistry to our business of property management.
Our team is committed to providing the highest level of customer service to all of our clients, and we do so by fostering harmonious landlord-tenant relationships in which everyone's needs are met. All partners are very hands-on to ensure that they deliver on CHR’s Be Happy Renting promise. Oversight from three of our five partners focuses on the aspects of property management that we deem most important…
- Make it easy for interested property owners to get information
- Conduct an analysis of a property’s rental value
- Find a qualified tenant as soon as possible
- Make communication convenient for owners and tenants alike
- Respond quickly to questions and repair & maintenance concerns
How the Process Starts
Matt Manaker is personally responsible for communicating with owners interested in our approach to property management. The process always starts with an evaluation of a property’s rental value. Through a comparison of the hundreds of properties we currently manage, an accurate rental range can be provided. Interested property owners can request an analysis of their home’s rental value online or can simply reach out to Matt directly to get started.
Finding a Qualified Tenant Quickly
Once a rental value has been determined, Ben Azar’s goal is to help owners generate rental income as soon as possible. Ben oversees leasing and leverages technology to make it easy for renters to schedule a showing of a property and apply online. CHR guarantees an approved applicant in 30 days of the property being rent ready*, or we waive a month’s management fee for every 15 day period beyond that without an approved application.
*Rent ready means: The home must be vacant, clean & in good showing condition, utilities (gas, power, & water) on, priced accurately, and allow pets with an additional security deposit. These conditions are to be determined at the sole discretion of an Agent, leasing agent or representative to qualify.
Convenient Communication & Quick Response Times
Once a property is leased, the CHR team is equipped to communicate with both the owner and tenant in a variety of convenient ways and respond in a timely fashion…
- Our sophisticated phone system enables callers to connect with the right person quickly versus routing them through a frustrating automated process.
- In addition to phone and email support, tenants and property owners can make requests through our online portals which are easily accessible from our website.
- The tenant portal offers the ability to pay rent online, schedule an auto-draft, submit a work order and view important documents like their lease.
- The owner portal provides data on every financial transaction including rent charges and receipts, owner payments and any maintenance expenses that may occur.
- Owners also receive weekly reports of leasing activities.
- We have even developed a handbook for tenants and owners to address common questions. We are striving to proactively address various topics before they even become an issue.
When an issue does arise, Josh Azar is responsible for repairs and maintenance. Our team knows that a quick response is critical to keep the tenant happy and to protect the owner’s property. In addition to online requests, we offer a 24/7 maintenance call center to facilitate this.
Our Qualified Team Delivers
CHR has been in business for 12 years and the partners have close to 35 years of experience in the industry. Even so, we are continually looking for ways to improve the renting experience for our owners and tenants alike. For example, an industry standard is to have one staff member manage 60 homes. We have capped this at 40 homes to deliver the level of customer service that our owners and their tenants deserve.
As you are considering local property management companies, be aware that you get what you pay for ultimately. Experience has shown that our team's overall approach results in happy tenants, long-term occupancy and limited vacancies.
Our philosophy is that all parties in a rental agreement should Be Happy Renting. We are confident in our ability to find a qualified tenant for your property. Simply contact us today for a free no-obligation rental analysis to get the process started.